Governor Kim Reynolds has announced a $5 million new grant opportunity intended to reduce language barriers in the workforce. The Iowa Language Learners Job Training Program will help employers provide sustained programs for language instruction, to increase proficiencies that support improved communication with staff and overall recruitment and retention.
The new grant opportunity will support employer programs in English language proficiencies for work-related duties, policies or procedures, as well as support English speakers to learn a second language. Applicants must be employers with at least 25 full-time employees who are either expanding or creating a language program. Language courses are encouraged to be conducted onsite at the place of employment or with consortium members, with a maximum of four hours of paid time during working hours per week (minimum one hour of training per week).
- Press Release: Gov. Reynolds Announces Iowa Language Learners Job Training Program to Reduce Language Barriers in the Workforce
- Press Release: Application Deadline for New Language Learners Grant Extended to January 13
Please Note: The application period for this grant is now closed. Stay tuned to this page for future updates on the grant.
- Notice of Funding: Iowa Language Learners Job Training Program Opportunity
- Appendix A - Grant and Application Guidance
- Appendix B - Grant Application Scoring Rubric Description
- Appendix C - IowaGrants.gov New User Guide
- Appendix D - Budget Narrative Information
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): Iowa Language Learners Job Training Opportunity
Resources on New Grant Opportunity
Webinar: Learn How to Apply for the Iowa Language Learners Grant Opportunity (recorded) - YouTube
Watch the webinar recording about the Iowa Language Learners Job Training Program (December 20, 2022). This is a new funding opportunity to help employers reduce language barriers and improve communication in the workplace. The Iowa Language Learners Job Training Program will provide $5 million in grants to fund employer programs that support improved communication and language instruction in the workplace. The webinar included an overview of the grant application, followed by a Q&A portion.
Questions on New Grant Opportunity
For any questions on the new grant opportunity, please contact Sara Bath at email@example.com